Having graduated in the fields of Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics successfully, Mr. Urmil Patel has been teaching professionally at multiple learning centers in the Chicago suburbs since 2009. Mr. Patel has been offering personal nearby home(local) tutoring at all school grade levels, including Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus etc. Mr. Patel specializes in coaching for ACT/SAT-Math, PSAT-Math, GED-Math and provides teaching to Elementary, Middle School and High School students.
Mr. Patel has worked with students from the following schools:
New Trier, Stevenson, Barrington, Conant, Glenbrook North, St. Charles, Palatine, St. Viator, Scullen and more.
- Certified Educator (K-12)- Illinois State Board of Education: 2008-Present
- Under Federal No Child Left Behind Law: Paraprofessional Educator
- NCLB Act: Paraprofessional Educator can offer tutoring (one-on-one and small group). Having earned Bachelor of Science Degree in subject teaching area constitutes “Highly Qualified” Educator. Source: National Education Association
- Certified College Consultant - Heartland Institute of Financial Education: 2016-Present
- Best Teacher of the Year (2011) : Kumon Learning Center, IL
- Best Teacher of the Month (March 2009): Huntington Learning Center, IL
- Honorable Mention Award (2003): Mathematics League Competition sponsored by the American Mathematical Association.
2005 – 2008: Math Tutor, Math Learning Center at University of Illinois at Chicago,
2009 – Present: Classroom Math Teacher at Multiple Local Learning Centers
2013-Present: Principal & Instructor at Alpha Math Learning
2016-Present: College Consultant
American Mathematical Society(AMS): University of Illinois, Chicago’s Math Department ranked in Top 25 Math Departments in the nation(1995-2012, as last revised)