Urmil Patel is Licensed Educator. Mr. Patel has graduated in the fields of Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics successfully. He has been teaching Math full time professionally at multiple learning centers in the Chicago suburbs since 2009. Mr. Patel has been offering personal nearby home(local) tutoring at all school grade levels, including Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Calculus in Chicago Suburbs In-Person and Online.
Mr. Patel specializes in teaching for Math Enrichment Program for Grade 1-9 including Algebra-I & Algebra-II and ACT/SAT/PSAT-Math Test Prep.
Mr. Patel has worked with students from the following schools:
New Trier, Stevenson, Barrington, Conant, Glenbrook North, St. Charles, Palatine, Fremd, Glenbard North, Schaumburg, St. Viator, Scullen(Middle School in Naperville), Metea Valley and more.
Licensed Educator by Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
- Teaching License (Grade K-12): 2008-Present
- (License Code: Sub)
- Paraprofessional Educator License (Grade K-12): 2008-Present
- Under Federal No Child Left Behind Law: Paraprofessional Educator
- NCLB Act: Paraprofessional Educator can offer tutoring (one-on-one and small group).
- Having earned Bachelor of Science Degree in Subject Teaching Area (Like in My Case, I Have Earned a Degree in Mathematics) constitutes “Highly Qualified” Educator. [Source: National Education Association]
- Best Teacher of the Year (2011) : Kumon Learning Center, IL
- Best Teacher of the Month (March 2009): Huntington Learning Center, IL
- Honorable Mention Award (2003): Mathematics League Competition sponsored by the American Mathematical Association.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics,
University of Illinois, Chicago
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering,
State Technological University (GTU), India
(Required Rigorous Completion of 135 Credits)
2005 – 2008: Math Tutor, Math Learning Center at University of Illinois at Chicago,
2009 – 2020: Classroom Math Teacher at Multiple Local Learning Centers
2013-Present: Principal & Instructor at Alpha Math Learning
American Mathematical Society(AMS): University of Illinois, Chicago’s Math Department ranked in Top 25 Math Departments in the nation(1995-2012, as last revised)